Bulk Import Using Artisan Commands

christophere2

Beginner
Mar 22, 2022
Hey Mumara Community,

I'm looking to import 100 lists of 100k+ users from our current ESP provider.

I can create a CSV and import it into the expected directory "storage/users/{USER_ID}/files/imports/subscribers/{FILENAME.csv}" by creating a Mumara Addon.
I've tried to create a new DB record in subscriber_imports, using a previous CSV and duplicate record, but running the artisan command "php artisan import:subscribers" doesn't seem to do anything, no matter how I modify the record.

How would I go about manually starting these imports, and even better, how could I run them using "php artisan rocket:import"?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

christophere2

Beginner
Mar 22, 2022
I've tried using "php artisan rocket:import 5 1 csv html 1 1 2 1 skip 4", but I receive the following error: "zend_mm_heap corrupted"

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
@christophere2 I wonder why are you trying to import using the artisan command when you can import using the UI. As there are several checks involved in the GUI import that has to be done. Please advise the necessity to import using the command so I can better understand the need and advise further. If you have uploaded the lists to the correct location, they should appear on the import page and you can select them directly.

christophere2

Beginner
Mar 22, 2022
@wasif, thanks for your reply.

We have 300 lists and I'd prefer to not have to manually import contacts through the UI.
Also, as we add more lists in the future, I already have a pipeline setup to automatically create the sending domain, bounce address, and list. I'd prefer to remove one step of importing contacts that could be missed by our users.

Thanks for your understanding.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Sorry for the late reply @christophere2 as I have been traveling for the past two months. I am adding this to our API pipeline so you should be able to import the lists via API.