Config PowerMTA

zikzak

Beginner
Feb 28, 2022
I have an external server with 6 IPs.
I installed VestaCP and PowerMTA v5.0, the setting for all IPs is same.
I integrated PowerMTA with Mumara, everything was ok, no error during the process.
But when I send emails, only 3 of 6 IPs are working (includes the primary IP), I mean emails from 3 IPs are going out and reach the destination, the emails were sent from remain 3 IPs went to no where.
I go to Setup-->Sending node --> Edit --> Test email: the email was sent, but I did not receive any email from the destination. I tried with many email addresses and I got the same result, did not receive anything.
I used www.smtper.net to test the SMTP server, it showed that "Mail successfully sent", but I also didn't receive any email at the destination.
I have no idea what were wrong.
Is there any expert here can help me?

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Was the email fed to pmta? If yes, then an issue could be with your remaining 3 IPs. Either they are not routed correctly to your server or the outgoing port is blocked. You can check in pmta accounting files if you are able to see the emails there?

zikzak

Beginner
Feb 28, 2022
Was the email fed to pmta? If yes, then an issue could be with your remaining 3 IPs. Either they are not routed correctly to your server or the outgoing port is blocked. You can check in pmta accounting files if you are able to see the emails there?
I don't see these IPs in pmta accounting file, only 3 IPs.
There are 6 IPs, I sent to a list of 19 emails, sending pattern is Loop, so all of them should be fed, correct?

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Make sure you set the batch to 0 as well in order to make sure the IP rotates on every email, and then try again.

zikzak

Beginner
Feb 28, 2022
Thank you very much for all of your support. It seems to be not at my side, problem is from server provider, I have requested them to check and everything is ok right now.

sergi01

Beginner
Oct 12, 2022
who can send me the confuguration of pwermta with ip rotation of 2 ips with centos 7thanks

sergi01

Beginner
Oct 12, 2022
can you send me the confuguration of pwermta with ip rotation of 2 ips with centos 7thanks

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
If you know how pmta config works, you can create a vmtp-pool of your two virtual-mta and use that. PMTA will handle the rotation

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
If you are a Mumara user, you should be able to do it using the Mumara wizard to configure the PMTA server. The sample code for the rotation is

Code:
<virtual-mta my_mta>
    smtp-source-host mta01.domain.com
    smtp-source-host mta02.domain.com
</virtual-mta>

<smtp-user smtp_username>
  password smtp_password
  source {server1}
</smtp-user>
<source {server1}>
    default-virtual-mta  my_mta
</source>