Configure gmail Bounced Addresses

sergiosorio

Beginner
Apr 28, 2021
Hello,

I want to know if a Gmail address can be used for the bounce system, it happens that when I click on the connection test, it shows me failed.

Then I wonder if this bouncing email is really working, additionally it is fine to place the folder: inbox

Thank you

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Yes, any email address with POP/IMAP settings can be used for bounce processing. Things to keep in mind

1. Gmail should be enabled to connect via POP/IMAP, you can allow it in Gmail settings. Or alternatively, you may need to create an app password for it. Googling it a bit may give an appropriate method.
2. When Mumara starts looking for the bounce reports, it will mark all emails as read that it processes. So if you are using your personal email address, it will read all emails (could be confusing for you to diagnose between read and unread emails).

sergiosorio

Beginner
Apr 28, 2021
I really appreciate your answer.
On the subject of Bounces with Gmail, you tell me that the emails appear marked as read, but this worries me because in this case no email appears read.

Could it be that it is not taking the emails from the inbox?

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
I am still a little confused after seeing the attached snapshot. It doesn't seem to me that you have Gmail set to process the bounces. It seems like a private mailbox is being used. Is it? If yes, then Gmail never sends the bounces to the other domains if Gmail SMTP is used as the Sending Node.