email verifier

madde1000

Beginner
Jul 18, 2020
Sweden
In my lists I would like to verify emails in the list.

I click on "verify list" and I get the green and yellow icons with a zero inside.. But the verify process doesn't start

Thank you !

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Hi @madde1000, I believe you are referring to the Mumara Classic edition. Yes for the reason we have removed it from our further editions for the fact that clients are misunderstanding the purpose. When Mumara verified the validity of an email address, it sends certain SMTP commands to the recipient server and gets a response. It's very usual that the recipient server finds spam behavior from your Mumara server's main IP address and blocks it. Once the IP gets blocked, Mumara's hands get tight and it keeps spinning the wheel instead of getting any signal. So clients usually think that email verification just depends on Mumara's coding but it's actually your server IP that is sending SMTP commands and Mumara's being just an agent to send packets and receive a response. I highly suggest using a third-party service to validate your lists.

Reactions: AdnanR

xRed

Aug 23, 2020
Hi @madde1000, I believe you are referring to the Mumara Classic edition. Yes for the reason we have removed it from our further editions for the fact that clients are misunderstanding the purpose. When Mumara verified the validity of an email address, it sends certain SMTP commands to the recipient server and gets a response. It's very usual that the recipient server finds spam behavior from your Mumara server's main IP address and blocks it. Once the IP gets blocked, Mumara's hands get tight and it keeps spinning the wheel instead of getting any signal. So clients usually think that email verification just depends on Mumara's coding but it's actually your server IP that is sending SMTP commands and Mumara's being just an agent to send packets and receive a response. I highly suggest using a third-party service to validate your lists.
Hi,

So in classic mumara versions I can validate email lists? Considering I'm not using that server to email.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
In certain cases, validating emails without sending emails is more dangerous as your IPs reputation never goes up by having no engagements, so most probably the server IP gets banned quickly. So it's never suggested to validate emails this way. However, in Mumara Campaigns, we are working on a more advanced email validator that will use your server's additional IPs to validate email lists along with your emails sending in parallel. That's something more realistic and reliable.

peljuu

Beginner
Sep 28, 2020
Finland
nettitrendi.fi
You could also send them all email if "they still wanna be on your marketing list and get marketing emails" and link to subscription form which the user could validate that he wants to still receive emails from you. That will "validate" your list but don't except too big percentage of your lists to actually "subscribe" as I would call the method..

However, in Mumara Campaigns, we are working on a more advanced email validator that will use your server's additional IPs to validate email lists along with your emails sending in parallel. That's something more realistic and reliable.

@wasif Have you had any process with this tool?