Guide for sending 1 million emails per day [VALUABLE FOR FREE!]

peljuu

Beginner
Sep 28, 2020
Finland
nettitrendi.fi
Hi!

I'm having some spare time so I thought to write here about Campaigns+. First of all, salutes from Finland for the crazy awesome work Mr. Wasif has done. I can kinda relate to what he had in mind. Ok anyway Campaigns+ doesn't cost a s*it per month. Now you wanna send 1 million emails per day? Let me tell u tricks how to hit them inbox. So what do you need for sending million emails per day?

I took that nuber becaue mine can send 2m but I also give it some processing time, all bouncebacks etc are handled. Watch your IP's, use many many sending nodes.

- Sending node is SMTP server so it can be just any mailbox but always from different domain. That's the point. You need seperate IP's and many domains. Don't worry about them yet. [1*]

- You build one server that has enough CPU to handle that million emails. For million, I think realistically to get the bounce rate to 0% (and guys, it can be 0% now and then, done correctly).

- I'm not gonna go details but Google will help you with this; always set upp IPV4 REVERSE DNS and GIVE THE DOMAIN IPV6 ADDRESS and MAKE REVERSE DNS for that too so they both point back to the domain. Ok that's important. Don't worry yet [1*]

- For sending million emails mostly to inbox and also process bounces etc so whatever anyone else says I'd start with 8 core 16 tyhreads CPU. You can go further, just need some cash for it.

- You tweak around with Mumara, you fail, you'll feel hppy, you gotta fail and learn. That's just something I can't write straight here but of course you can ask more.

- With best settings mine 16 core / 32 threads CPU sends around 100k per hour.

- Mumara uses multithreading!!! So it can youse not only cores, but multithreading with threads. Clever use of resources, thumbs up!

- I haven't used their ticket service much but I suppose it's good, the founder is nice fella, hah anyway this is fun project because you can make it as a hobby project for fun if you got cash, other than that you just build nice newsletter sender.

- Following basic networking stuff, having enough sending nodes for the amount of cores used. Don't use all threads / cores at timme for Mumara to have power to process other things like bounces etc too.

- Some say "you can't get bounce rate to 0%". Well not always but it isn't much. How come? You really deal with the bouncing system, get used to it and understand it. You can keep your IP's clean, moniotor the IP's...

- Make segments and then lists of those who mark u as spam and those who click, so then you get a nice clicking lists and haters, and you put them in to database Mumara skips contacts of. So no whiners no. But they don't grow usually more than 0,5-%. Do it well get the perfect results.

Ok I know, lots of stuff and that isn't even much of what you need to learn but you got support you got forum you got Google. If your host cannot offer you those reverse DNS for IP's or you can't assign so many SMTP servers and you'd really need help with the setup, I already got dedicated servers but they are not yet for sale on my Web Hosting site. But if you want, gimme a ping and I'll give you a price list of dedicated servers. I can agree for setting up your Mumara systems too naming some fair price for such..

Or -just do all that aearn. And there's some tips so you should win really much time knowing that all. Tbh I just gave very rich information out for free. I know many do it on VPS but don't if you wannt results and the work done properly. It needs some investment etc. but then you can do absolutely good with the newsletters.

Rock on! Ask for servers if need. They got reverse DNS etc setup and of course support help. Mumara is really class a stuff when you get in to it and understand it properly. Great work - nice done! Now client just has to do his part! :)

Juuso Peltola
www.onnidomain.fi

Reactions: wasif and marfan

xRed

Aug 23, 2020
Thanks for the tips man. Can you explain this one? I've heard about it for the first time.

- I'm not gonna go details but Google will help you with this; always set upp IPV4 REVERSE DNS and GIVE THE DOMAIN IPV6 ADDRESS and MAKE REVERSE DNS for that too so they both point back to the domain. Ok that's important. Don't worry yet [1*]

How can I add ipv4 address rdns and use ipv6 on domain?

Stacash

Beginner
Jul 24, 2020
But your server provider may suspend your server for compilances, thats how most of providers do. You dont need that big server, if you setup simple smtp it will send one by one, better is setup PowerMTA and send faster with small server.
More I recommend multiple small VPS servers instead of one. When one get suspended there can be several still in action.
For example :
1 VPS 4gb & 16ips cost like 50 bucks first month with ovh and next month just 13 usd, and this server can easly handle sending of 400k emails per day with PowerMTA, and you dont need powerfull engine for that(maximum power was 3.6 million that server, but never send more than 1k per ip/hour because get blacklisted)
The key is unsubscribe link to avoid spam compilances, and send only free emails. If you gonna use for commerical emails your server may get blacklisted very fast
Here you have good course how to setup it

Last edited:

zmiller

Oct 11, 2019
@peljuu how much RAM you got on your server actually hosting the Mumara application with your millions of subscriber records?

peljuu

Beginner
Sep 28, 2020
Finland
nettitrendi.fi
Hi all of you! :)

Sorry I've been really busy but I checked the thread now and noticed your replies / questions so here we go! :)

@xRed :
"Thanks for the tips man. Can you explain this one? I've heard about it for the first time.

How can I add ipv4 address rdns and use ipv6 on domain?"

This all comes down to your networking & server provider, or if you got your own server then your ISP. Most likely we're talking about VPS's and dedicated servers here so your service provider either has a way to change your reverse DNS for your server IP adress (or multiple IP addresses that you have attached to your server - like you should in quality bulk mail sending). Just as a background I'm founder of two finnish web hosting companies, former I sold for bigger one and current I do my best to succeed with ;). That is to let you know how I mixup domains with IP's, as many people just go with one IP address being one SMTP server / sending node. NO! SMTP server should not be only IP. Does your own ISP provide you with SMTP server with IP or hostname like mail.domain.com? Or your webhosting / VPS provider, they give you 123.456.77.222 or mail.isp.com? Here comes the usage of domain + IPV4 + IPV6 + both ipv4 and ipv6 reverse dns setup mixup and that makes the SMTP server. Also DNSSEC for the domain and that is kinda best you can do, except gather good reputation for the whole mixup.

Ok so lets' think of IPV4 address (which is normal IP address) and what is reverse DNS for it.
164.132.218.102 = IP(V4)
That is IP. But IP has a hostname or domain also, right...? Yeah.
onnidomain.fi = 164.132.218.102

So domain points to the IP. Now if the domain points to an IP, the IP can also point to the domain. This is called reverse DNS, and it's the same in IPV4 and IPV6. So you make reverse dns setting change from your service provider's IP settings - and this is if you can. I don't have experience how many providers allow doing it or not but if for some reason your service provider doesn't allow you to do reverse dns setup for your IP address(es) then switch the service provider. Because you want to make reverse so that the IP also points to the domain:
164.132.218.102 = onnidomain.fi

That is like pinging IP address and it points to a domain!

So if you are only using IP address as SMTP server your going wrong way. SMTP server, or as it's named in Mumara "Sending node" is usually hostname of a domain, mail.domain.com or even your own internet connection's IP has a reverse dns. It's usually something like very.mess12434.up.stuff222.yourprovider.com. You can google both reverse dns lookups for any given domain or hostname or google your own IP's reverse DNS (some of us might know the basic idea from the times of IRC :).

Btw as you can see from the pic, the domain is hosted @ OVH so they let freely switch reverse DNS of the IP's for example.

Same goes for IPV6, it goes both way (if you set it up so). For IPV6 you should get pool of them with dedicated servers and at least IPV6 address for your VPS. You of course need to do the setup for the IPV6 from your server and then do the reverse for it the same way, but as you see writing about this would make a huge tutorial and I'll try not to spend whole night writing this haha.. :p

@Stacash I recommend thinking quality of the email delivery rather than how much you can send emails with 50 bucks setup a month. And that is a huge mess up if you get yourself suspended, then you do something wrong. Then you do "spam" instead of good quality newsletters so to say. You said:
"When one get suspended there can be several still in action. "
You can't go in to this with mentality "when one gets suspended"! No you don't rent your VPS or cloud or anything with a mindset of your service being suspended. You don't go smoke a joint in front of a police station either!
I'm saying you do your stuff with how you can do, obeying the terms of service that you have agreed to do when ordering your service. So that is - in my opinion - a big mess up and not stable base for your system. Mumara shouldn't be your moving around platform, you do it all well, not with spam mentality, and your host won't ban your VPS or dedicated server whatever service are you using. Always think of the quality first rather than amount when talking bulk email sending - you want to hit inbox!.

You also said "your server may get blacklisted" - no, you use 20 - 30 sending nodes (SMTP's with different IP's and proper setup) and your server has nothing to do with blacklists, if something gets blacklisted it might be one of those SMTP servers - not your own server. But then again there's tricks to get your SMTP server off the blacklists too, so even that is not permanent or end of the world for that IP / domain setup.

Also of course you need to use unsubscribe link - it's against law (at least GDPR) if you don't use it. If the law doesn't affect your country it would anyway be against all good taste not to use the unsubscribe links.

If I would say "the key is" - I'd more likely point out for example the usage of spintags and such other wonderful features in Mumara to make your chances to even get better reputation for your SMTP servers rather than bad! You think it right you make it right you do it right and you do good results with the awesome Mumara. :)

@zmiller 128Gb 2333MHz DDR4.

Here's two campaigns both from around two days ago.

Well, a huge 0,5m list, but 2 days after the bounce rate for such huge list sending at once is very tiny. Yet again at the same day this is from my favourite campaign list, and after 2½ days the stats for the bounces are nice:
:)

Mumara is a state of art platform so you gotta give it a state of art setup and platform and you'll do good!

Attachments

• 1602975079181.png
    1602975079181.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Stacash

Stacash

Beginner
Jul 24, 2020
peljuu - as far I see above picture you also sending spam. But its not a point, the point is that there is metter what you send spam offers or newsletter.
If you send newsletters you dont need a special setup just vps with IPs, not many IPs just few of them, but all know we talking about this black side of sending, same as you do :) with 550k.
If you send newsletters you dont need to be worry, if you properly warmup your IPs, and people are eengagement, pictures above shows one that you send is spam 550k as it have low open ratio and bounce, second is propobly newsletter where your emails mostly land in inbox thats why is no bounces.

About blocking, Im talking that if you get spam compilances from SpamCop, OVH can suspend your server, and belive me you can get that person from time to time who apply to spamcop,(I get after about 12 million email sending in total), so than OVH block your port 25, some other providers gives you 24h to reply on compilance(can give list on request)and not block. From time to time blacklist can happend as well, sometimes not.
NOTE: Compilances happend also to normal legal newsletters, it can make competition or frustreited customer.

If you say quality of email delivery, think about this as well because it happend, even you have unsubscibe link.
Same is with content promote, like Amazon or other big companies if get compilance that you send spam with their offers, they will hold your earned money, like my friend lost 12 000$.

I cannot agree to use one server, as there is no sense of it at all, PowerMTA handle ip rotation, subdomain etc.
There is many ways to send emails most of people who do it told you to use multiple VPS and PowerMTA + Mumara.
Go to Fiver and search for email installation

I personally do it also in diffrent way, which no need to worry about any compilances or blacklists

@peljuu Im not say that you setup is bad, its acculy good, but you use simple SMTP which is send email 1 by one, or batch, with that server that you have you can send propobly easly like 2-3million per hour with PMTA, but you use to much work to make it work. You just dont want to try other easier way.

Im trying to advice to newbee to not spend lot of money, if anyone wants I share my case study, how to build cheap system to send few millions of emails, But everyone have different ways to send emails!

You can use 1 VPS with multiple IPs + Spintag and no need to create content everyday for it, and results are simmilar (mine have less clicks due to content i promote which is dating)

But again Its just my advice.

Below show 1 server VPS 4gb 16ips with PowerMTA installed,+ Mamura is installed in other server, hmm does it need big server? (this one never get blacklisted) Reputation in norm, monthly cost 13usd (for IP is one time fee) Make sense?

Last edited: