Improvements to campaign create page and drag and drop editor

zmiller

Oct 11, 2019
Hi team,

Please consider these upgrades to enhance drag and drop builder to be even more awesome!

• 2) The default "Button" element could be improved a lot... it can't be made larger by dragging or adjusting dimensions, and I can't figure out how to control its width, alignment, border radius, padding, etc. Also the text for the link in the button does not vertically align within the button itself.
    Perhaps you could reference how Beefree.io editor gives you button controls? Please see my screenshot attached or just try on https://beefree.io/editor/?template=empty
  • 3) The default "Image" element also suffers from some similar issues as the "Button" element. Most notably it is not set to 100% width by default, but it should, so it scales automatically to whatever size cell it is dragged into. It is also VERY hard to center an image horizontally and vertically--that has to be set on the parent cell into which the image is dragged, and a novice user wouldn't know how to do that really.
  • 4) If you click a link outside the editor, e.g. "Dashboard" or something in the left-nav menu; or a breadcrumb link; or your profile/security link... the Campaigns+ just takes you to that page with no alert. It should say something like "You have unsaved changes, are you sure you want to leave this page?" . In fact, it should just do this for the "Add New Campaign" page, regardless of whether it's for drag and drop editor; HTML editor; or importing HTML option.
  • 5) On the "Add New Campaign" page, the "Send a Preview" feature is great--but it only works if you have saved the campaign! So, perhaps it should be hidden by default and then only available when the campaign has been saved? It can confuse new users if they try to make a campaign but haven't saved it, and wonder why they can't send a preview! Specifically I mean hide the id="send_preview_email" form element until the campaign is saved
  • 6) In drag and drop builder, ability for users to create their own content "Modules" that can be dragged and dropped into the builder UI.

Thanks in advance for consideration on these suggestions!

Attachments

zmiller

Oct 11, 2019
Hi team Mumara, it's been about a month since I posted this and no reply. I am wondering if anyone has had a chance to review my requests? The highest priority items for us to have are #s 2 & 3.

Please respond at your earliest convenience, thank you!