Issue with addContact API Speed

derek

Beginner
Feb 22, 2023
Wasif, can you please let me know how to escalate support tickets when front-line staff are unhelpful or unresponsive?

Our company generates 25k+ new subscribers per day and sends 1MM+ emails per day.

However, due to multiple bugs in the software, we're unable to send what we need to. Mumara staff has been informed of the bugs and even acknowledged they exist, but refuses to fix them and then stops answering tickets. Basically, we've not received any resolution at all to these core issues.

- Spintags to do not work at all when sending multiple campaigns
- Cannot add more than 5 contacts per minute by API due to table locking and time required to "check" the contact against existing lists and triggers
- Segments are not properly updating and subscriber counts fluctuate wildly (up to 50%) per campaign

So in a nutshell, you can't add contacts, can't mail the correct contacts due to segmentation issues, and then the campaigns that do go out don't parse the content of the message properly. How are we supposed to operate a business like that?

Btw, this is on a 32 core / 128 gb ram server that's never above 20% memory usage. MySQL and PHP are fully optimized. I can provide screenshots of everything above including showing your staff refusing to resolve.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Thank you @derek for writing in detail. Can you write the case of the segmentation where you have the wrong counters, as I might have missed this case in my dev installation? I have more than 200 cases for segments, and my unit testing informs me when there is an incorrect count. Please let me know the criteria you used and if you can also attach the snapshots of the current count along with your findings.

Regarding API contact slow feeding. This has been resolved in v5.4.5.

For the spintags, try the loop method while scheduling your campaign and see if the spintags issue is fixed. If it's fixed, then it means your server isn't storing the data in the memory for longer than X seconds and something similar, which could be why your server resources are not going up.

And sometimes, these are not bugs but server-side issues, but we consider them the application's fault. We are struggling hard to make this application strong day by day, and we listen to all customers equally and implement their suggestions.

derek

Beginner
Feb 22, 2023
Hey Wasif,

Thank you for your detailed response. I really appreciate it after the issues we've had in the ticket system.

1. For segmentation, here's an example attached from today of campaigns started around same time using exact same segment with all different counts. You can see it ranges from 81k-118k in the same day (this happens on multiple days). There is only 1 rule on this segment, contact created in past 10 days, so it should be easy to process. There are also other segments such as opened (clicked or didn't click), opened and didn't click, opened and clicked, all with counts that do not add up properly for the same date ranges. Opened + clicked, opened + didn't click, should total same as Opened + clicked/didn't click but it's very far off.

2. The API contacts issue is huge for us (most important). Your staff replied today in the ticket saying you pushed out an update to fix API contact insertion, but I don't see the update available yet on our end. We're on 5.4.4 and even if I try a forced update, it says we're on latest version. If you need the server credentials please PM me.

3. We usually run batches instead of loop. I'll test loop and let you know.

Thanks,
Derek

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 7.48.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 7.48.03 PM.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 5

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
You should now be able to update to v5.4.5. Let me know if the API speed issue is resolved.

derek

Beginner
Feb 22, 2023
Wasif,

We've been running 5.4.5 for a little over a day now and it doesn't appear to have improved the speed. Still only able to add about 5 contacts per minute. You can check ticket #619659 for server login details to see it in real time.

Thanks,
Derek

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
I will look into it by tomorrow and get back to you!

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
I hope your issue has been resolved.

derek

Beginner
Feb 22, 2023
Yes, the API contact issue is resolved now with the update and we can push 50+ leads per minute into the system. Thank you very much!

Still testing the spintags issue (batch vs. loop) and will update you shortly.

Reactions: wasif