Question about Primary domain

xRed

Aug 23, 2020
Hello,

I didn't add primary domain but I've added tracking domain so will my mumara domain be exposed in any way??

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
The primary domain is a layer between your Mumara master domain and the tracking domain. You can also set the primary domain the same as your Mumara domain (this is Mumara's default settings). Using CNAME or even htaccess redirection doesn't expose your Mumara domain unless someone finds the CNAME value of the tracking domain. However, in htaccess redirection, your Mumara domain appears within the redirection loop.

Reactions: xRed

xRed

Aug 23, 2020
The primary domain is a layer between your Mumara master domain and the tracking domain. You can also set the primary domain the same as your Mumara domain (this is Mumara's default settings). Using CNAME or even htaccess redirection doesn't expose your Mumara domain unless someone finds the CNAME value of the tracking domain. However, in htaccess redirection, your Mumara domain appears within the redirection loop.
I see thanks.

When I did a smtp test then it appeared in there at the bottom.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
in SMTP test, you get to see the sending domain that is obvious as it's visible in send-from email. Better if you schedule a real test to your seeds and see in message source.

Reactions: xRed