Question for people who manage large mailing operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRed

Aug 23, 2020
I want to hire people but I have no prior experience in this and have no idea how to start and where to start.

There are many things that are going in my head too like what if my employees start selling my own data or what if they use my data and mail their own offers and **** me over?. Probably I can disable the export function?

I want to hire people where their job would be to get mailers from offers and create campaign and send.

There are many other things that I'm missing so first and foremost was to hire an operations manager and probably he'll do the hiring etc work?.

Or am I overthinking? I feel like I'm being all over the place.

Sooo to the people who are running a big mailing operation how are you working with all this stuff?

Thank you.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Did you look into the staff management portion where you can add more admins and give them restricted access? Yes, you can restrict them from exporting your emails list and we have almost covered every tiny access. Moreover, you can also restrict him from viewing the contacts inside the contact lists and disable the important tabs on the statistics page i.e. Opened, Clicked, Logs, Bounced, Complained, etc. Although there are several Mumara experts in the market who can do this all for you but again, if you are relying on someone, in any case, he gets access to your all data. You can be your own master and spend a few hours with Admin Roles and User Roles to see how it work.

Reactions: xRed

xRed

Aug 23, 2020
Did you look into the staff management portion where you can add more admins and give them restricted access? Yes, you can restrict them from exporting your emails list and we have almost covered every tiny access. Moreover, you can also restrict him from viewing the contacts inside the contact lists and disable the important tabs on the statistics page i.e. Opened, Clicked, Logs, Bounced, Complained, etc. Although there are several Mumara experts in the market who can do this all for you but again, if you are relying on someone, in any case, he gets access to your all data. You can be your own master and spend a few hours with Admin Roles and User Roles to see how it work.

Ah I didn't go into much detail but I probably should've.

Btw, lets say I want to create a user or admin whose job is all tech side of mumara like making sure bounces work, adding smtp, adding sending domains etc.
Can I create a user for such role so that he can only access those required stuff?

mohammad

Staff member
Aug 31, 2020
Yes, you can do that. You can create a different User Role and give them access to a module you want.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
No Mohammad, actually he would need to make a staff account instead of the user account if you want to allocate him privileges globally so he would be able to see all user's data. A user should only be able to see his own data, however, the staff/admin should be able to see all data globally and manage it.

whiteknight

Mar 20, 2021
My experience is that technical people are rarely good copy writers and marketers. So I would have a separation of duties. Maybe you hire one person whose job is to manage the platform and the actual sending. The other person/people work to identify offers and write or curate the copy.

Reactions: xRed

xRed

Aug 23, 2020
My experience is that technical people are rarely good copy writers and marketers. So I would have a separation of duties. Maybe you hire one person whose job is to manage the platform and the actual sending. The other person/people work to identify offers and write or curate the copy.
Thanks for the answer.

Do you do high volume mailing too?

Status
Not open for further replies.