Troubleshooting Slow Application

robust

Jun 16, 2020
Hi,

Sometimes the application responds too slow. It's the same after stopping all the running campaigns.
To resolve the issue sometimes reboot the server or restart the MySQL. Which lead to DB crash.

Kindly guide us to bring it back to normal.

Thank you

peljuu

Beginner
Sep 28, 2020
Finland
nettitrendi.fi
Hi there!

Lets' hope to resolve or find a reason for this to happen. :) I have a feeling I've came in to this kinda problem myself in the very past.

So to help you out with the problem it would be important to know your current setup for Mumara.

What hardware resources do you have for Mumara installation? Dedicated server, cloud, VPS? Whatever your setup for the main Mumara server is, lemme know the structure and resources you have either on your dedicated server or VPS? CPU & memory mainly very important ones..

Also how much are you sending mail per day and for how long can you averagely send mail until you have to "cut off" MySQL the hard way?

Also what OS do you have Mumara installed at?

Any addons like PMTA in use?

Any other servers besides sending Mumara server?

Gimme kinda all details you have from your hardware + OS and hopefully I could help you out! :)

peljuu

Beginner
Sep 28, 2020
Finland
nettitrendi.fi
Ohhs, @robust I forgot, to quick solve the issue, Mumara might have a default setting for how long it holds the log files for. Now over time the SQL database can and will grow very huge and Mumara tries to keep kinda "solving old problems" for too long. Quick and most likely permanent fix is to shorten the time Mumara tries to keep trying bounces etc.

So go to Settings -> Application Settings.

You propably have "Delete Campaign Logs After (Days)" set to -1 (unlimited) or something big like 200. So Mumara has to "let go" sometimes. That lets the hardware to "disconnect" too many MySQL connections. That way the database doesn't grow so huge.

Set that value to default 7 days, or maybe just 5 days. I would say with lower resources you can set it up as low as 2 - 3, with a bit more resources 5-7 days is good.

Do a DB check and follow, reboot the machine and try if your system works better! :)

@wasif I think Mumara has this value default as very high or unlimited. I don't know if it's fixed in new updates as I've manually set this also but suggestion for next update if it's not done yet - change the default value of that to 5 to prevent too heavy MySQL load...?

robust

Jun 16, 2020
Hi Juuso,

Thank you for your reply.
We are sending around 2-4M emails per day & we have uploaded around 40M contact list. We have added around 15 PMTA servers using PMTA addons & around 60 sending nodes.

Delete Campaign Logs After (Days): 7 Days

Here is the system configuration:
Dedicated Server: Centos 7 with WHM
Processor: AMD Epyc 7451 - 24 c / 48 t - 2.3 GHz / 3.2 GHz
128 GB Ram
512 GB SSD

Please let me know if you require any other details.

Thank you

peljuu

Beginner
Sep 28, 2020
Finland
nettitrendi.fi
@robust nice one I like the way you do it. ;)

I have kinda same dedicated configuration except only Epyc with 16c / 32t and lazy one PMTA, but also 128Gb with same SSD. So anyway really cool two thumbs up!

I think especially in use like that, that's how you wanna solve the situation. Set the Delete Campaign Logs After value to 7 days, that's good for your hardware too but no point keeping older emails on queue eating SQL.

Give it some time and let me know if that would have fixed the problem! 👍

peljuu

Beginner
Sep 28, 2020
Finland
nettitrendi.fi
Hi @robust

Just for information for others who might have the same issue, did my post suggestion fix your problem?

Cheers!