Adding user to specific list when unsubscribed

Anas

Beginner
May 19, 2023
I have been trying to get this done via support team but no luck. I keep getting the same answer it is working when it actually partially works only. Hoping to get some better responses from the community.

I have a trigger that starts a drip group whenever a contact is added into a specific list "Leads". If a contact unsubscribes how do i trigger an automation that adds the unsubscribed contact to another list "Unsub-Leads".
I have setup adding them to a segment based on the unsubscribe status but after they are added to a segment a trigger that should add them to another list doesn't get triggered.

rehan

Staff member
May 24, 2019
Hello Anas,

I understand your frustration with the support team and their responses. It seems like you're facing an issue with triggering an automation in Mumara when a contact unsubscribes. Triggers in Mumara always work for new engagements after when the trigger gets created. So as far as your issue is concerned let me clarify this for you. You need to follow the below mentioned steps to achieve what you are trying to do in Mumara

- Create a segment (based on statistics) in which you select 'Any Broadcast' Under broadcasts and in select criteria choose 'Has Unsubscribed'
This segment will collect unsubscribes of your drip campaigns as well

- Then you can setup a trigger on the above segment by selecting 'Contact is added to a segment' in event criteria and then in Action to perform you may select 'Copy contact to another'

Please follow the above mentioned steps they will fulfil your requirement.

Thankyou

Anas

Beginner
May 19, 2023
Here are screenshots.

I created segment and then i created a trigger as suggested. (screenshot attached)

Then I added a contact in a list and as soon as the contact was added it was enrolled in a drip campaign and mumara started sending emails as it should. All good so far. after 2 emails i clicked "unsubscribe" my status in the contacts was unsubscribed but in the segment the count stayed the same even after 30 min the count did not increase.

As the count of segment did not increase and also the trigger that was set to start based on the segment did not come into action. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.09.05 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.09.05 AM.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.09.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.09.12 AM.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.09.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.09.23 AM.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.09.32 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.09.32 AM.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.11.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.11.12 AM.png
    55 KB · Views: 2

rehan

Staff member
May 24, 2019
Hello Anas,

The issue with trigger on the segment has been identified and forwarded to the Dev Team it will be fixed in the next upcoming update which is expected to get launched this week. But, I want to clarify about segment count if a recipient unsubscribes by clicking on the unsub link in the email, its status to unsubscribed gets changed automatically and it gets included in the segment as well. However, the segment count will get updated by the 'Segments Recount' cron which is set to run every 2 hours by default. You can also refresh the segment count by clicking the 'Recount' button in the actions column.

Now as far as the trigger is concerned it has no link with segment recount, the trigger will get fired when its designated event criteria gets fulfilled it never depends on the segment count. I hope now I am able to clear the confusion regarding this issue so after the new update the above mentioned trigger issue will get resolved. Stay tuned for the new update.

Thankyou

Anas

Beginner
May 19, 2023
Got it. Finally someone understands that there was an issue in the app as you mentioned. Because I literally went crazy trying to explain this to the support team and also figuring it out from docs. Waiting for this fix as this is important part of business operations.

rehan

Staff member
May 24, 2019
Hello Anas,

Highly appreciated your continued interest in Mumara. The issue has been fixed and it will be available in the next upcoming update which is expected to get launched in this week.

Thankyou

Anas

Beginner
May 19, 2023
Hello Anas,

Highly appreciated your continued interest in Mumara. The issue has been fixed and it will be available in the next upcoming update which is expected to get launched in this week.

Thankyou
Any updates to when it will be launched? Still waiting on the update.

rehan

Staff member
May 24, 2019
Hello Anas,

The update is hopefully expected to get launched within this week.

Thankyou