Bounce Reports not showing in real time

MDG Computers

Beginner
Sep 16, 2020
Hi,

Whenever we send out a campaign, the statistics show that all emails have been delivered and none of them are bounced. However, we only receive a few emails and not all.

After a few days, the campaign statistics show that the emails have experienced a hard bounce. Why does it take so long to generate the report? Is there a way where we can get to know the the real time of a bounce being occurred or if the email is in queue. This way, it's much easier for us to tackle the problem and save our domain/IP reputation by pausing the campaign.

I'll also attach a screenshot for reference.
In the screenshot above, we received email Sr. 1 and 3 and Sr.2 was not delivered. As you can see, the bounce status says NO. However, it changes to yes after a few days.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you.

MDG Computers Inc.
2940 Bristol Ave,
Oakville, Ontario.
Canada

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Thank you for your questions, I appreciate it. You can go to Settings -> Cron Settings, and see the duration of your bounce cron. Change it to 2 hours and it should be processed every 2 hours. Let me know if it worked.

MDG Computers

Beginner
Sep 16, 2020
Thank you for you reply Wasif!

It is already to set to 2 hours. The problem is that we see the bounces after 2-3 days. After the campaign is finished, we noticed that the emails are delivered and not bounced. However, in reality they are in queue or waiting to be sent. So instead of Mumara indicating that the email is delivered, it should say (in Progress or something), so that we know that the campaign isn't finished yet.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
I see. Actually, Mumara isn't an MTA, it just pushes the packet to the MTA/SMTP for delivery, and then bounce processing is another process that logs into every associated bounce email address and reads the bounced emails to match with the message-ids within Mumara logs. So if the delivery is pending at the MTA side, there is no way it can be bounced and hence, there is no way Mumara can process a bounce unless MTA pushes the package to the recipient's server. So if your SMTP is taking 2-3 days to deliver the email and then send the bounce back, Mumara processes it within 2 hours. Makes sense?