New subscriber confirmation

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
It would be nice if the new subscriber notification email, included the new subscriber information.

Is there any way to edit the default email, to include contact information fields?

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Are you referring to Mumara Campaigns? If you are using web forms for the subscription, you can always modify the text according to yourself. Can you please explain a bit more how you can doing it?

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
I'm referring to the confirmation that Mumara sends me, when I get a new signup from the webform...

New subscriber has been added to the the List: SCR Web Signup using webform: SCR Web Form

This email has been generated and sent by Mumara Web Form because you have opted in to receive notification by email upon webform submission. You can turn off this settings by editing the webform.

Mumara Campaign+

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Yes, this message is the default built-in message to notify the admin. I'm curious to find out what change you want in it? As it's going to the admin, we didn't felt any need to allow editing it as one could mess up the variables while editing it.

zmiller

Oct 11, 2019
@wasif if I can add to this thread...

Doesn't this email go to whatever email address is specified in the "Email New Contact Details To" field (per screenshot)?

So that means this message could go to anyone, such as a user or even some random 3rd party person.
So then because of that, it would be great if this message could be updated so it uses the branded application name. E.g.

=============================
New subscriber has been added to the the List: SCR Web Signup using webform: SCR Web Form

This email has been generated and sent by %%application_name%% because you have opted in to receive notification by email upon webform submission. You can turn off this settings by editing the webform.

%%application_name%%
=============================

Also, it mentions "you can turn off this settings by editing the webform"... but that's only if you disable the "Double optin" setting entirely. Sometimes people want double opt-in, but they don't want to get notification of every sign up. So really there should be an independent setting whether or not to send notification emails.

Thanks as always for considering our suggestions to continually improve this awesome product!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 9.57.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 9.57.28 AM.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 2

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
Yes, this message is the default built-in message to notify the admin. I'm curious to find out what change you want in it? As it's going to the admin, we didn't felt any need to allow editing it as one could mess up the variables while editing it.

I am looking for it to send the new subscriber information, as in Name, Notes, if ASAP, etc...

So I can review, to see if any immediate action needs to be taken, not have to go into Mumara every day to review new subscriptions one by one...

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
1- @zmiller, if you just keep the field empty, it will not send any email notification to anyone. It's not mandatory not to have double opt-in.
2- @zmiller, It already uses a branded name i.e. %%application_title%% in the signature, and doesn't disclose Mumara's name.
3- @Tonyg, I've already put this in the pipeline for internal development staff, and we'll add this option in the form. Also will provide an option to insert custom fields. We have certain updates coming tomorrow that includes custom fields fixes in web forms.

zmiller

Oct 11, 2019
@wasif, thanks... but...

1) see screenshot -- the "Email details to" field IS definitely required!

2) I'm not talking about the email sent to the subscriber. I'm talking about the email sent to the Campaigns+ admin/user (whatever value is in that "Email new contact details to" field.... please see screenshot.

Hope this explanation and these screenshots help to clarify my requests.

Attachments

• The contact details email message content says Mumara instead of whitelabeled app name.png
    The contact details email message content says Mumara instead of whitelabeled app name.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Email New Contact Details To field IS required.png
    Email New Contact Details To field IS required.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 3