Preparing is taking too long

CleberUX

Beginner
Aug 8, 2023
Guys, I'm using a dedicated server with 48 vcpu + 192 gb of memory, yet my campaigns are very slow when preparing, 5 thousand emails took 30 minutes to start sending, can you help me?

mohammad

Staff member
Aug 31, 2020
Having a larger server doesn't necessarily guarantee better performance. Achieving the best results depends on several factors, including:
  1. Ensuring your PHP is optimized.
  2. Ensuring your MySQL is optimized.
  3. Managing the number of threads used when scheduling a campaign.
You should only consider upgrading to a larger server when it becomes necessary. I recommend consulting your server administrator to determine if there are any other processes on the server that might be consuming server resources.

vector_di

Nov 18, 2019
I have the same problem but it happens after some time (a few days or weeks), after a clean install everything works fine.
We will use your bash script for the installation. Also, we make php.ini settings as written in this topics:

But after a while, the campaigns are sent for a very long time. I suspect that Mumara starts working slower when the database grows.
Show the best settings for MariaDB and mumara, since this thread says about MySQL, but InnoDB is not supported or need MariaDB settings.
In any case, this problem is not only for the topickstarter

mohammad

Staff member
Aug 31, 2020
Hi,

Review the size of your logs table and also check the value you have configured for "Delete Campaign Logs After (Days)" in your application settings. We recommend setting it to 7 days, especially if you are scheduling a large campaign.

Additionally, you can set the retention value in the Application settings -> Performance -> Retention to ensure that old logs are automatically removed, preventing further database overloads.

vector_di

Nov 18, 2019
I make setting for 7 days, but I didn't make "Application settings -> Performance -> Retention to ensure"
still need some sort of customization for MariaDB?

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
To find the number of records in your campaign_schedule_logs table, you should check the table directly. If you have set a retention period, but the table is already overloaded with data, PHP may not be able to flush the garbage logs and complete the job unless it has more resources allocated to it. In such cases, you can flush the campaign_schedule_logs table and try again. However, make sure that there are no running campaigns, as this will flush all logs (not stats) for all previous campaigns.

vector_di

Nov 18, 2019
I've now uploaded 20 lists of 100k addresses, and I just wanted to send an email to one test address of mine,
and Prepairing has been hanging for a few minutes.
I did everything you wrote above, my mailing list log is empty, I installed a clean version of mumara just yesterday.
But after uploading the files I immediately get problems sending only one email.

My server is 8 core, 32 RAM.

vector_di

Nov 18, 2019
There are no triggers or segments.
Just write what we should do?
I don't think you see the problem or understand us.
A person with 48 cores can't send 5k emails. That's unreal

And by the way there are no problems on Mumara Classic,
but there is a bug in version 3.1.4. which has been solved for about one month now.
Give a stable and working product

CleberUX

Beginner
Aug 8, 2023
They never think they are wrong, every time we have a new error, you open a ticket and they want you to page premium support.

It's almost impossible to use Mumara.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
There are no triggers or segments.
Just write what we should do?
I don't think you see the problem or understand us.
A person with 48 cores can't send 5k emails. That's unreal

And by the way there are no problems on Mumara Classic,
but there is a bug in version 3.1.4. which has been solved for about one month now.
Give a stable and working product
The process of preparing the campaign involves executing a MySQL query designed to transfer data from the subscribers table to the campaign logs table. If you observe that this preparation phase is progressing, albeit at a slow pace, it is indicative of server performance issues. Executing a comparable query directly in MySQL would yield similar timeframes for completion.

In many instances, optimizing MySQL and PHP is essential to enhance their performance, especially in terms of maximizing the utilization of available server resources. This is contingent upon whether your server possesses adequate resources. We have numerous clients who are able to schedule campaigns involving millions of contacts in a matter of seconds. The key factor in achieving such efficiency lies in the balance between the resources at your disposal and the effectiveness of their utilization.

@vector_di Share your server's and Mumara's details with me in a private message, I'll do my initial inspection and will let you know my results.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
They never think they are wrong, every time we have a new error, you open a ticket and they want you to page premium support.

It's almost impossible to use Mumara.

@CleberUX
I understand your concern and would like to assist in identifying the specific issue you are encountering. Upon reviewing your account with Mumara, I noticed that you have submitted a total of 13 tickets. My examination of several of these tickets indicates that each issue was resolved with a server-side fix. I would appreciate it if you could specify any particular problem that you believe is directly attributable to Mumara itself.

For instance, in a recent ticket, you mentioned an update issue, which was resolved when our agent changed your update method from FTP to "None." It's important to note that Mumara comprises hundreds of thousands of files. During an update, these files are copied from a staging folder to Mumara's root folder. This process requires a server's FTP configuration to support large file transfers without interrupting the connection. The issue you experienced suggests a limitation in your server's FTP configuration rather than a fault with Mumara.

If you prefer to avoid such server-related issues, we offer a service called Mumara Machine. This service includes a server that is pre-configured to address these types of challenges. When self-hosting any product, it's essential for the client to have the technical expertise to manage server-related issues. At times, clients may mistakenly attribute these server issues to the software, which isn’t always accurate. In cases where technical skills are limited, it may be necessary to seek technical support to resolve server-related problems.

vector_di

Nov 18, 2019
I'm gonna repeat myself, but!

Mumara Campaigns can not work with volumes on a similar server with the same settings as Mumara Classic!!!!

Maybe the problem is in the web? Have you thought about it?

Neither of my two Mumara's are working properly!

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
It's never said that Mumara Campaigns and Mumara Classic would send an equal number of emails from the same server. Both applications have different parameters and algorithms. You can't compare this way. I am still waiting for your server details, so I can post my remarks here.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
@vector_di I have done an initial look-up in your case. You need to turn off Cloudflare for this domain and then try again after a few hours once the DNS cache has been flushed. Cloudflare is encoding the email addresses when a curl request is made on your domain; and its taking more time to decode the values during the preparation. I have written it at several places not to use Cloudflare proxy unless you are a super tech person and know what options may cause what issues.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
I have looked into the database, and a simple SELECT query is taking a long due to Cloudflare. It has to decode the emails. Look at the snapshot below

1699802054002.png

1699802123925.png

vector_di

Nov 18, 2019
I took your advice. And I did everything you said.
But I only uploaded a test list of 1kk addresses, and tried to do the mailing Prepairing took a very long time;
The problem was not related to Cloudflare.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
@vector_di,

I have attempted to access your Mumara platform, but unfortunately, your server appears to be unresponsive. It has come to my attention that you have been utilizing Campaigns for years without encountering this issue previously. It is crucial to emphasize that server speed plays a pivotal role in the efficiency of various processes within the system.

Regrettably, at present, your server seems to be experiencing downtime, which inhibits any further investigation or diagnosis of the issue. In order to resolve this matter and ensure the optimal performance of your Mumara platform, it is imperative that you address the server's responsiveness promptly.

I recommend reaching out to your IT or server administrator to investigate and rectify the server's unresponsiveness.