Send email to admin not working from a trigger

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
I setup a trigger to add a contact to a segment, it worked fine.

I set up a trigger to "send an admin email", when a contact was added to a segment..

it shows up in the stats, but it never sends the email...

I setup a trigger to "send an email" when contact added to list, the trigger stats show it happens, but no email is sent.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
I have tried to reproduce the case but it worked for me. Can you check in your MTA stats if the email was injected there?

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
In the trigger stats it shows that it was executed. Not sure what MTA stats are, and how to check?

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
You used an SMTP to send the email, right? Mumara pushes the email to the SMTP. So I have a doubt your SMTP didn't relay the email. You have to check in the MTA logs if the packet was received from Mumara.

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
I am using gmail to send... there is nothing in gmail... I also use it to send the built in signup notify, and all of my sending... all the others work well.

I have two triggers that are "based on list" they work perfectly... the two "based on segments" don't work, but they both attempt to send the custom admin email..

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
So I just changed a working trigger from "based on list" to based based on segment... it was to send a broadcast email... it worked fine...

So I am guessing it's the "send an admin email" function...

The automatic signup emails are sent and can't be disabled... also