System-wide contact limit

zmiller

Oct 11, 2019
Hello, we would like to request that there to be an option to set total # of contacts limit for the entire application.

The reason is because we have some cases where we install Campaigns+ and all the users are Staff users, so they aren't subject to regular user package limits, but we still want to limit how many contacts they can have.

Thank you!

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
You can do that by setting the value of contacts_limit field in user_settings table for the id:2 to your desired limit.

Note: This field might be deprecated in future updates but we'll put an option in application settings.

zmiller

Oct 11, 2019
@wasif did this get deprecated in version 5.1.10? We see it in the database and entered a value, but it's not being honored... system still shows unlimited contacts. And we didn't see a system-setting for this. please advise? thanks!

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
It could be. I'll be checking it tomorrow

zmiller

Oct 11, 2019
@wasif -- just following up on this FRQ. As of v5.1.11.2 it seems like putting in a number in the "user_settings" table column "contacts_limit" for user_id:2, is not actually having any impact on limiting the number of contacts system-wide. And i'm not seeing anything under the General settings to specify this...

Could this be something included in the next update?

Thanks!

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
I'm inboxing you the method of how to handle this.