Today's Date Formatting

christophere2

Beginner
Mar 22, 2022
Hi there,

Is it possible to change the formatting of the Today's Date dynamic content tag?

Ex: %%todays_date|'Y-m-d'%% would output "2022-05-31"

Thanks for your reply.

rehan

Staff member
May 24, 2019
Hey Chris,

This option is already in queue with the Dev Team to get it done. It will be ready and will get live very soon in the future updates. Moreover, we will be setting it up with more enhancements to serve our clients in a more better way.

Thankyou

christophere2

Beginner
Mar 22, 2022
Hey Chris,

This option is already in queue with the Dev Team to get it done. It will be ready and will get live very soon in the future updates. Moreover, we will be setting it up with more enhancements to serve our clients in a more better way.

Thankyou
Rehan,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you have a rough estimate on when it will be added? Like the next release?

If so, when will that be? Thank you.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Just to update you both, this feature has already been developed but still, a part of development is left. So it's going to be an option under user profile settings where he can set the date/time format that will be replicated throughout the application i.e. GUI and the Emails. I expect it to be added in v5.3.5!

christophere2

Beginner
Mar 22, 2022
Wasif,

I appreciate the update.

There are 2 different contexts where I can see us adding dates that call for different formats:
The first is as a string to be inserted into custom UTM strings. (ex: utm_campaign=newsletter-2022-06-10)
The second would be as a date that is useful for the consumer of the email in the header. (ex: Jun 10, 2022)

Setting the date format globally would result in one or the other, but not both, correct?

This is why I'm asking if we can add a filter on the %%todays_date%% dynamic field.

Thanks.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
So when you'll set the date format in the settings, it will be applied globally i.e. wherever you see the date within the application, plus the email content and yes it will be converted in the UTM params as well. So if you set e.g. January 15, 2023, the same format will be used everywhere.

defalet223

Beginner
Jun 20, 2022
Hello, I would like to have training for the installation + configuration of the mumara. Can you help me?