Triggered Broadcast email not sending attachments

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
If I send the same email with an attachment 2 different ways...

The one sent via scheduled broadcast has the attachment...

The one sent via trigger, based on adding to list, does not send the attachment..

I experimented with using different node, and different senders information, always the same... emails sent via trigger don't include attachments...

This is critical to me as I send an ebook when clients sign-up to my list.

And I can't send attachments in drip campaigns, so I'm stuck...

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
I have updated the development staff to reproduce the case. If it's the matter, it should be fixed in new update.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
You can schedule a campaign instead of using triggers for today. We already had fixed this issue in triggers and supported the attachments when a trigger runs broadcast(s). For now, if you go to Actions -> Schedule, the attachments should work. If meanwhile if you want to do it via triggers, just add a download link inside your email content.

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
when do you think the update with the fix will be released, as I've been doing this for 10 years using my current interspire server. I'm trying to switch to Mumara, but need this function in order to implement. Thanks

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
It has been added to the Mumara. Update should be available today

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
great!!

thanks... do I just update from within my Mumara, will it notify me when there is an update?

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
I just performed an update... still doesn't send an attachment if I send a broadcast email using a trigger.

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
The issue has been already fixed. We haven't yet launched the new update as it has massive enhancements. So hopefully tomorrow!

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
I did the update... now it does attach the document..... but it doesn't read/send the %%first_name%% field anymore.

It doesn't send the %% place holder, it just leaves the information empty.

Update** it sends the triggered broadcast with the attachment, and blank field date ONLY IF the send is set to instant on the trgger. If set for delay of 1 minute, it never sends trigger broadcast email.

The trigger was working both ways, before the update.

Last edited:

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
after update 5.1.11.1

1. the %% placeholders still do not show in the triggered broadcast email
2. the triggered broadcast email, only comes if sent to instant

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
I have tested both cases in my test environment and both seem to be working. Can you open the email source and verify if there is no styling or any other hidden character between %%?

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
I deleted in all emails... the %% info, and used directly from the drop downs... still working the same..... If set to instant, I get the email broadcast without info. The fields should appear before the <--- note

Additional: WHen I add a trigger to add to a drip campaign, the first drip email works, both instant and with 1 minute delay...
What I receive in my email:

THe body:

%%first_name%%<--- from additional fields

%%additional_information%% <--- additional information

This is a test to see what the heck is happening with the name field

should have an attachment

What I receive:

<--- from additional fields

<--- additional information

This is a test to see what the heck is happening with the name field

should have an attachment

Tonyg

Sep 19, 2020
send me a PM and I can send you login info to my account, and you can test... I am not using it, yet...