Subdomain SMTP in Classic Pro

rpozikidis

Beginner
Jul 6, 2019
I am consulting a client with a mumara classic Pro and there seems to be a bug when adding a subdomain email to the smtp accounts.
I have a domain (domain.com)
and a subdomain (sub.domain.com)
and an email address ([email protected])

When I add those to mumara's smtp and try sending a test it shows an error:
Email cannot be sent using SMTP due to following error.
SMTP Error: The following From address failed: sub.domain.com : MAIL FROM command failed,501,: sender address must contain a domain

It looks like mumara cuts the email part from the [email protected] and than gives an error.
Is this a software bug or there is another method to adding subdomain emails to smtp accounts?

wasif

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
sub.domain.com shouldn't be an issue and its FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name). It's sometime an issue when you are copy pasting something e.g sender email. If you copying it from a webpage containing CSS, it inserts hidden codes. So try to remove the sender address from SMTP and then try to write is manually.

PS: for more details, edit the smtp and put &debug=4 at the end of URL, it will give you detailed error report.

rpozikidis

Beginner
Jul 6, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Please explain where exactly to put "&debug=4" - when I put it into the SMTP host or SMTP user name it says "Failed to connect to smtp"